Prufrock's Page

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Lotus Notes

Denial
It's been there for more than ten years. Nothing can happen to it. It's...established. So many people go there; so many sing its praises. Lotus House Books will always thrive in that little corner of Bandra, and all my fears are unfounded. It's just a phase they're going through.

Anger
It's quite ridiculous, the way they've let things slide. Why don't they do something? Shelves are getting emptier and emptier, and that new location is above a petrol pump, for heaven's sake. Why did they have to open in the first place if they're going to behave like this?

Bargaining
If I can just go there more often, buy books from them more often, and persuade others to do the same, they'll be OK. They say they're going to move back to their old location, they say they're going to get new stock. Yes, I'll just start some sort of campaign that's going to make them hale and hearty again.

Depression
It's over. They're over. They're just going to clear all their stock through this sale that's now on, and then they're going to shut down. Nothing I can do. Nothing anyone can do.

Acceptance
Perhaps they'll move back to their old location; perhaps they won't. It was a part of my life for years, and that's something I ought to be grateful for, after all. There are other bookshops in Mumbai: I will learn to like them. I can order books online. I can visit Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and scour the shops there. I can't go on, I'll go on.

2 Comments:

  • I bought my first few Pratchetts from there!

    *sniff*

    :'(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 PM  

  • They ...the owners and staff did not care anymore ! this had to happen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home