Prufrock's Page

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh, Stop Whining

"[I write] at least 1,000 words for publication every day. I'm incontinent about it. Of course, it's all exquisitely crafted. Hmmm. Who was it who said of Jack Kerouac, 'he doesn't write, he types'? That's what I worry about too. But I work at it. I work at my typing."

- Will Self

A few years ago I let it be known that I would publish no more books. Everyone scoffed - ha, ha, you know what writers are, they said - but I meant it, and I have kept my word. Well, sort of....So what I have done is this: I have not written a new book at all. I have written a long addendum to an old one, and my obliging publishers have bound the two parts in one and called it simply Hav...It really will be my last book. Well, sort of...."

- Jan Morris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home