Prufrock's Page

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Between The Lines

Given that it took one-and-a-half hours to reach work this morning because of an unaccountable traffic jam, one empathised with this piece by Robert Klose on the books he chooses to "read in line": "These are volumes that contain material designed for being read in snippets, so there is no extended story line to lose track of. Another requirement is that they be small enough to slip neatly into my back pocket, so that at a moment's notice - when confronted with a long line at the bank, for instance - I can, with the practiced ease of a gunslinger, whip out my book and go to work."

2 Comments:

  • I always have two books, a notebook and pen and a book of sudoku puzzles in case of unaccountable traffic jams.

    Just bought The God Delusion. Any ideas on how I can take paid leave to stay home and read it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 PM  

  • Ah, you have me there. Which is why I haven't been able to begin the said book myself.

    By Blogger PrufrockTwo, at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home