Prufrock's Page

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Hari The Hip

"Where writers are usually neurotic and awkward, Kunzru is achingly hip: he lives in a shabby but trendy part of London, at the Hay Festival he has been known to spend evenings relaxing by DJing at parties, he hires lifestyle managers to help him move house, he dresses like he is about to be photographed for an exceedingly fashionable magazine at any moment, and he wears sunglasses throughout interviews with the FT without any self-consciousness. 'I suppose I'm better at the presentational side than some people I know.' He pushes his shades up his nose. 'But I did acting as a student and have a level of extroversion that isn't shared by a lot of writers.' A sip of beer. 'The word 'cool' is in the eye of the beholder but I'll accept it gratefully.' "

Hari Kunzru, profiled in The Financial Times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home