Prufrock's Page

Friday, June 10, 2005

Indian Bloggers Report On The Moon Landing

Caveat: parody ahead

So there I was at TC again, gazing moodily into my mojito and checking out my ex flirting shamelessly with my best friend when this hunk walked in and tried to speed-date me (Why do people always try to hit on me? Does blogging make me sexy?) Suddenly, the cute waiter pointed at the TV set, and right in the middle of my favourite Alanis Morrissette song, I had to turn to look at some guy walking on the moon. I knew what that Armstrong (Armstrong – giggle) must be feeling, because I felt exactly like that when I was with New Boy – like I was over the moon, I mean.
- The Compulsive Transgressor



The organisation for which I work (which shall Not Be Named) has a strictly No-TV policy during so-called working hours. So, like Al Pacino in Serpico, I went forth into the byways of Bengal, wondering whether I was going to experience Kafka Moment # 432 when I heard a large cheer and turned to see a man in a cumbersome spacesuit in the middle of a 29” TV set bestriding the lunar orb. The Punjabi gentleman next to me put his arm familiarly around my shoulders and suggested we celebrate with a plate of tunn-doori chick-khen. A giant leap for mankind, indeed.
- A Simple Desultory Toothpick


We're kinda inclined to forgive the uproar that’s going to greet Neil’s stepping on the moon. It’s not every day that we see people doing stuff like that. He’s going to be faymbus. And also because we're now leaving to go stay with the Babu and DD for a few weeks, so we have no more time to post.
- Eggzackly


Putu wants to know whether it is true that the moon is made of cheese. Putu likes cheese.
- Putu The Tabby


And finally:

One would like to venture the assertion that one’s life shall remain unchanged by the spectacle of one man landing on one’s moon.
- Twofrock

17 Comments:

  • Hilarious Mr Twofrock!

    You've got 'em (them, not just eM, I mean) down pat! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 PM  

  • Brilliant! Do me, do me! (you know what I mean)

    By Blogger Jabberwock, at 9:28 PM  

  • NOW we know you are a blogaddict. *raises one eyebrow at jabberwock*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 AM  

  • Okay fine :P

    But, the GOOD part is, you must spend at least some time on my blog, even if it's only to make fun of it. But I giggled too!

    By Blogger eM, at 10:24 AM  

  • :)

    By Blogger PrufrockTwo, at 10:55 AM  

  • Caveat: Upper Case Ahead.

    So while I'm Pleased at Being Parodied in Exalted Company, I would Like to Point Out that I Do Not Always Use Capitals.

    Or even Rhapsodise about Chicken.

    And J. Alfred Pacino? I think Not.

    J.A.P.

    By Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock, at 5:03 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Trina, at 5:24 PM  

  • Rockacious. Well done.

    By Blogger amit varma, at 5:30 PM  

  • Sorry, to begin again. What I was saying is : Lol. This is brilliant, so please do some more - Jabberwock and Bridalbeer, for example. Will be fun. [Also, after which she echoes Jabberwock discreetly, you know what I mean :)]

    By Blogger Trina, at 5:31 PM  

  • Thank you, all. (Sorry for stepping on your toes, JAP.) At present, closely studying the writing styles of Jabberwork and Bridalbeer. Watch this space.

    By Blogger PrufrockTwo, at 5:51 PM  

  • Mr. Two, I wuz jokin'! I have no claims to erudition, but I may claim a sensayuma.

    Your version of eM was possibly the best. Shall we try a collaboration on some others?

    J.A.P.

    By Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock, at 6:09 PM  

  • JAP: A collaboration -- yes, most certainly. Your place or mine?

    By Blogger PrufrockTwo, at 6:18 PM  

  • We're honoured, we are. Kinda.

    :-P

    By Blogger zigzackly, at 6:51 PM  

  • Haha! Fabulous!

    By Blogger Rahul Bhatia, at 10:34 PM  

  • ha ha one must say: good stuff from 'the one who is the one, though not the One but actually Two.'
    (umm- nevermind)
    and no doubt, eM was the best

    a collaboration?! doom! doom!
    I hear of a partnership, two keyboards joining, forged in secret and unleashed with devious glee on a hapless sphere....

    By Blogger ., at 1:10 PM  

  • Comrade, give me a week to get connected and then we shall emulate Ate ... ('Julius Caesar' was always one of my favourites)

    J.A.P.

    By Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock, at 7:49 PM  

  • how predictable.

    By Blogger Subramaniam Avinash, at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home