Prufrock's Page

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

We'd Like Your Views On Crossword Bookstore, Ben

"I don't foresee the day in my lifetime when kids are walking around with iPods carrying the collected works of Charles Dickens on them. I think the exercise of reading is habit-forming [and] it's going to take a lot more than technology to break that addiction. Yes, there are all sorts of people who don't read. But there have always been people who haven't read...I went to university when Marshall McLuhan was still around and making his predictions. I've been hearing this shit about the end of books and the death of reading my entire life, and I'm 57."

- Ben McNally, who's been in the retail book business for 30 years and is now manager of Nicholas Hoare Books in Toronto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home