Prufrock's Page

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

One Can Relate

"I don't feel like writing," writes "G" to Salon's Cary Tennis. "Am I lazy? Am I afraid of failing? Do I lack the discipline, the artistic urge, the necessity? Am I not a writer after all? Should I give up writing and learn to be happy without it? These questions drive me crazy sometimes."

The answer: "It may be true that you don't feel like writing. You are probably working hard and have many duties as a father. So there will be times that you have to write even though you don't feel like it. In that sense, writing is like your other roles in life as a worker and a father and a husband: It requires you to do things you don't want to do. You do it because that is your role. It's the only way you can get anything done. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home