Prufrock's Page

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

On Blogging

Good morning. Here's an extract from Stanley Bing's 100 Bullshit Jobs...and How to Get Them:

"Blogger: Bad money, but if you're nasty enough, lots of power. Try to establish yourself as someone qualified to rattle on for screen after screen with no reporting involved. Several years ago, when I was writing for Esquire, I determined very early on that those who had to report on their subject 1) took a long time to do it, 2) had to talk to a lot of people they wouldn't normally be interested in, and 3) worked too hard for their money. Consequently, I determined pretty much from the get-go to do nothing but spin out a fine blend of hostility, speculation and wind as long as a publisher would let me. I'd like to think that was an early adopter of the zeitgeist that now runs much of the Internet that matters."

1 Comments:

  • Stanley Bing is God.

    His Esquire pieces were so sharp and so true, especially one he did in the '90s on how to be a consultant. I think I still have a copy of it somewhere at home.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home