Prufrock's Page

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Pandora's Box

My earlier post on Mahmud Farooqui's review of The Black Hole was written because I genuinely felt he'd been "inspired" by other reviews. After his clarification, which I reproduced in the comments section of the post, I realise that -- one paragraph apart -- he clearly isn't to be dismissed as a mere plagiarist. However, a couple of comments on the post -- and especially on the Outlook website -- that seem to be motivated by sheer spite and malice are dismaying, to say the very least. I considered deleting them, or blocking/moderating comments, but that didn't seem to be the right thing to do. For the moment, then, I'm simply going to stay away from this blog. Call it ostrich-like behaviour if you like; I just need time to recuperate.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home