Prufrock's Page

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Books On India, Anyone?

Sarah Crown of Culture Vulture, one of The Guardian's blogs, is currently "wallowing in a lather of indecision". The reason: "I'm off on holiday to India on Wednesday morning – have passport, visa, travellers' cheques and spanking new rucksack, but with less than 48 hours to go, I'm still dithering about my reading list. I'd love to read something to do with the country while I'm there, but it's not an area of literature I know much about, so – and now we come to the point – what I'm really after are some personal recommendations. ...can anyone suggest where I should go from here?"

Those willing to be of help: click here before she leaves.

1 Comments:

  • May You Be The Mother of a Hundred Sons by Elizabeth Bumiller

    Chasing the Monsoon by Alexander Frater

    The Penguin Book of Indian Journeys
    ed by Dom Moraes

    Pather Panchali by Vibhutibhushan ( this is a great book even though it doesnt give you a macro picture of India..)

    By Blogger Sonya, at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home